It is a legal requirement for Food Handlers to receive the appropriate training in relation to Food Safety & Hygiene. This is the most popular Food Safety Qualification and is accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- Good temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- Safe waste disposal
- Pest control
These qualifications are provided by The Highfield Group.