The course content covers compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
It is recommended to complete a Level 2 Food Safety in Manufacturing prior to this course.
- The importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law
- The role of a supervisor in maintaining food safety
- Ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- Ensuring temperature control and stock rotation
- The importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination including handwashing, protective clothing, injury, training and reporting illness
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment remain clean
- Ensuring waste is disposed of safely
- Pest management
- Implementation of food safety management systems
These qualifications are provided by the Highfield Group